News and Announcements
A maximum of three $500.00 scholarships are awarded annually, one in each of the following three zones:
• South Island MHAs include: Juan de Fuca, Kerry Park, Peninsula, Saanich, Sooke, Victoria and Victoria Racquet Club
• Mid Island MHAs include: Alberni Valley, Cowichan Valley, Lake Cowichan, Nanaimo and Oceanside
• North Island MHAs include: Campbell River, Comox Valley, Gold River, Powell River and Tri-Port
The scholarship selections will be based on the following:
• Academic achievement
• Good school and community participation and service
• Hockey participation
To be eligible, players or game officials must be:
• Currently registered in Juvenile or their last year of Midget.
• Scholarship funds must be used for tuition at an accredited post-secondary institution.
• Winners must provide proof of enrolment and payment of tuition fees in order for the scholarship award to be payable to the student.
• Winners may request an extension to their scholarship of up to one (1) year provided that such a request is put in writing to the Executive Director and approved by the VIAHA Officers.
• All supporting documentation MUST accompany the application form.
The deadline to submit applications is March 31st, 2018. The scholarship applications will then be reviewed by a committee appointed by the VIAHA President and winners will be announced at the VIAHA Annual General Meeting on May 27th, 2018. All applications become the property of VIAHA and will not be returned to the applicant.
The document VIAHA_2018_Scholarship_Awards_Application_Form.pdf was attached to this post.
Please note that Player and Golaie Development ice has been cancelled for Feb 20 & 27 as the ice has been allocated to the
JR B playoffs.
PeeWee Female Team Wins Gold at the Oceanside Tournament
The team went 5-0 on the weekend with 4 shutouts, including the gold medal game with a 2-0 final score.
Nominations for SMHA 2017-18 Awards are now being accepted
It is time to nominate individuals for SMHA year end awards that will be presented at this years banquet in April. Attached is the list of awards and their description. Please submit nominations to Sheena Goode-Jensen firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday March 2, 2018.
SMHA Awards Committee.
The document 2018_SMHA_Awards.pdf was attached to this post.
Bantam Female participated in the inaugural Lorne Rowan Memorial Tournament in Abbotsford on January 19-21. They narrowly missed playing for Gold, but made the best of their Bronze Medal game. It was a solid effort by all team members, especially with the last 4 games all being played in less than 24 hours! Great work, girls!!